Minggu, 07 November 2010

Get Free Ebook Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff

// // Leave a Comment

Get Free Ebook Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff

To urge the existence of the book, we support by providing the internet collection. It's really except Beelzebub's Tales To His Grandson: All And Everything, First Series (Compass), By G. I. Gurdjieff just; identically this book turns into one collection from numerous books brochures. Guides are supplied based on soft file system that can be the initial means for you to conquer the ideas to obtain brand-new life in far better scenes and also assumption. It is not in order to make you feel baffled. The soft documents of this publication can be stored in certain ideal gadgets. So, it could reduce to read each time.

Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff

Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff


Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff


Get Free Ebook Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff

Success can be started by procedure. One of procedures that are extremely immediate and vital is by checking out books. Why should read? Checking out turns into one the most convenient means to reach the expertise, to enhance the experiment, and to get the motivations openly. The book that ought to read are likewise various. But, it will depend upon the instances that connect to you.

As one of the books that have been composed, Beelzebub's Tales To His Grandson: All And Everything, First Series (Compass), By G. I. Gurdjieff will certainly be just different with the previous publication variation. It features the straightforward words that can be checked out by all elements. When you have to understand even more regarding the author, you can read the bibliography of the writer. It will assist you to earn certain concerning this book that you will get as not only recommendation but also as reading resource.

Locating the ideal Beelzebub's Tales To His Grandson: All And Everything, First Series (Compass), By G. I. Gurdjieff publication as the ideal requirement is sort of good lucks to have. To begin your day or to finish your day at night, this Beelzebub's Tales To His Grandson: All And Everything, First Series (Compass), By G. I. Gurdjieff will appertain enough. You could just hunt for the tile here and you will obtain guide Beelzebub's Tales To His Grandson: All And Everything, First Series (Compass), By G. I. Gurdjieff referred. It will not bother you to reduce your valuable time to go with shopping publication in store. In this way, you will also invest money to pay for transport and other time spent.

Yeah, reading an e-book Beelzebub's Tales To His Grandson: All And Everything, First Series (Compass), By G. I. Gurdjieff can include your close friends lists. This is just one of the formulas for you to be effective. As recognized, success does not indicate that you have great points. Recognizing as well as recognizing even more compared to other will certainly give each success. Close to, the message as well as perception of this Beelzebub's Tales To His Grandson: All And Everything, First Series (Compass), By G. I. Gurdjieff can be taken as well as chosen to act.

Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff

About the Author

G. I. Gurdjieff was born in 1887 in Alexandropol. After studying with spiritual masters in the Near East and Asia, he founded the Institute for the Harmonious Development of Man in France.

Read more

Product details

Series: Compass

Paperback: 1248 pages

Publisher: Penguin Books; Later Printing Used edition (August 1, 1999)

Language: English

ISBN-10: 0140194738

ISBN-13: 978-0140194739

Product Dimensions:

5.1 x 2 x 7.8 inches

Shipping Weight: 1.9 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)

Average Customer Review:

4.0 out of 5 stars

122 customer reviews

Amazon Best Sellers Rank:

#117,395 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

In my mind, this is one of the most unique books that I have read thus far. But it is a difficult one, intentionally. Gurdjieff (as many know) taught that man very rarely if ever really pays attention to what they do in life, passing through life more as machines, without stopping to really observe the self, or anything else for that matter. This book was written intentionally by Gurdjieff to greatly slow the reader down and cause them to really have to focus on what they are reading. I think this is good, though I am glad that not many books are written like this. Though I feel it is good, because it does cause you to really pay attention, and being that the book is very confusing and takes some real insight and re-reading of passages at times to attempt to follow what is being said, it has the effect of causing you to slowly observe your own feelings and re-actions as you read it. Which if you labor through the whole book, this process of personal awareness becomes more and more apparent as you go. Would I recommend this book to everyone, hecks no, if you are diving into it just to have an interesting read, or perhaps know little to nothing about Gurdjieffs Tradition of teaching, this is NOT the place to start, as it will undoubtedly turn you off of his methods. Like any great thinker, from Plato, to Crowley, trying to dive right into the meat of things, albeit possible, but not advised.My suggestion if you just want to know a little more about what Gurdjieff taught, then begin with what most do,"In Search of the Miraculous" by P.D.Ouspensky, a great copy which can be found here on Amazon. If you still after reading that book, find that you are intrigued, than I would recommend, perhaps, attempting this book.No matter your level of understanding of Gurdjieffs teachings, I would approach this book like a marathon, don't read anything else while reading this, read maybe 30 to 50 pages in a sitting, and allow some time right after, and before sitting down to read again, to really let your mind play over what you have read. Guaranteed there will be times where you want to throw this book out the window in complete frustration, and there will also be times where you will really find yourself in appreciation and understanding of it.Now I can't go and say that the clouds parted, and I became some spiritual master after reading this, for one, I like Gurdjieffs methods, but I'm not a died in the wool student of his either. Nor do I think his intention (personally) with this book was not to be some bible or Brahmanical text which suddenly opens the aspirant to spiritual sanctuary and understanding. I do feel it was intended to be a tool in the practice of Gurdjieffs teachings, which threw reading threw it over and over again, one becomes sounder in its teachings, and grows a greater understanding of personal awareness. An obtuse book, but if you feel up to the task, it is well worth the effort. Be warned though as one reviewer here remarked, after awhile you will find yourself talking and writing at times as obtuse as the book as written. lol.

As other reviewers pointed out, this is the revised edition. Unwanted, unauthorized, unapproved by Gurdjieff ... Self-appointed "heirs" have altered the original text, which was carefully and meticulously (to put it mildly) constructed by Gurdjieff and approved for publication. We only have their word to go on that they were "appointed" for this "sacred" task of revising Gurdjieff's work.Compare the unrevised version ... if you can find it ... to this one. Then judge for yourself the results of the revisions.See John Henderson's book, Hidden Meanings and Picture Form Language, for a real exposition of this travesty.

Despite the fact that many readers have difficulty with this book, it is well worth devoting a good deal of time to it. It could be said, in fact, that the more you put into it, the more it delivers to you. In my view, the major stumbling block is the opinion, that many readers seem to arrive at, that Gurdjieff is playing some sophisticated kind of joke on the reader. This, in fact, is not the case at all. But to appreciate its content, one must first realize that, aside from having a literal meaning - which can at times seem non-sensical - the book has a completely different allegorical meaning which not only makes sense but can deliver profound revelations to the reader.Gurdjieff said: “I have buried in this book certain bones, so that certain dogs with great curiosity and strong scent may dig down to them and, strange thing, when they have done so, are men”

This novel is quite long but I found it fascinating and stock full of some valuable insight into the plight of we human beings. George Gurdjieff, an Armenian mystic/philosopher that lived from mid 19th century to mid 20th, had some powerful ideas about our history and challenges. I don't want to be a spoiler but suffice it to say that he saw a future humanity with a whole mind; a transformed humanity with a focused exploration and quest for understanding about our subconscious mind. Gurdjieff tells this wonderful story about a non-human grandfather instructing his grandson, who has a fascination with and is a student of "Human Beings", about the true nature of this peculiar and amazing species (humans); how they were psychologically blinded for eons. And, in the process, Gurdjieff unfolds a clear and unique assessment of mankind. There's a lot of repetition of some key and profound concepts, but I believe the repetition was intentional for Gurdjieff knew that modern man has a psychological block that only repetition had a chance to break through. I'm sure I only grasped some of what Gurdjieff was laying out, but what I got was so valuable!

The title given above was the subtitle to the original main title, "All and Everything." The present electronic version is a faithful rendering of the second (officially revised and preferred) edition of this monumental work, as far as I can tell from spot reading. It has a few flubs, such as chapter heads run into the main text. But the content seems to be there. As to that content, it is an incomparable omnibus treatment of the universe and all history by a genuinely great spiritual master of the twentieth century. It moves from cosmic perspective to the very, very earthy. It is brilliant beyond usual standards as well as full of good laughs. As the author explains, the narrative style and the very sentence structure, like the subject matter, are intentionally made to thwart automatic (habitual) reading. The result is that everything in the book is capable of taking you for a marvelous ride beyond conceptuality. You will either be frustrated and disgusted or fascinated and aroused. If the latter, be prepared to spend many a year reading and re-reading.

Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff PDF
Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff EPub
Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff Doc
Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff iBooks
Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff rtf
Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff Mobipocket
Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff Kindle

Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff PDF

Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff PDF

Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff PDF
Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson: All and Everything, First Series (Compass), by G. I. Gurdjieff PDF

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar