Minggu, 02 Januari 2011

Free Download Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales

// // Leave a Comment

Free Download Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales

Getting this book in this site could not lead you to stroll and also most likely to book shop. Seeking rack by rack will truly invest your time mainly. But, it well not assurances you to be successful searching for Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales For this reason, you can discover it in the soft documents of this publication. It will certainly offer you the fantastic system of the book recommendation. You could go to the web link and go to the page to earn handle. And now, your book sift file of this can be your picked publication and area to read this interesting publication.

Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales

Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales


Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales


Free Download Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales

The first thing to go to the collection is thinking about exactly what publication to review. When you are below as well as visiting this internet collection, we will certainly suggest you several recommended publications for you. The books that is really appropriate with your life as well as tasks. Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales is one of the optional book brochures that can be most desired.

Spending the moment for reviewing a publication will give you the very beneficial system. The system is not only about getting the understanding to associate with your certain problem. Yet, sometimes you well require enjoyable point from guide. It can accompany you to run the moment meaningfully and well. Yeah, great time to check out a book, great time to enjoy. And the visibility of this publication will certainly be so accurate to be in your own.

After downloading and install the soft data of this Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales, you could begin to read it. Yeah, this is so enjoyable while somebody ought to review by taking their large publications; you are in your new means by just manage your gizmo. Or perhaps you are working in the workplace; you could still use the computer to review Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales totally. Of course, it will not obligate you to take several web pages. Merely web page by web page relying on the time that you have to check out Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales

The way you read this publication will certainly depend on exactly how you look and think about it. Many people will have their minutes as well as characteristic to contrast and also take into consideration regarding the book. When you have the concepts to find out with the book composed by this specialist author, you can have advantages of it. Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales is ready to get in soft data. So, discover your finest reading publication today as well as you will certainly obtain truly just what you expect.

Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales

From the Author

Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm were German philologists and folklorists.Ken Mondschein holds a Ph.D in History from Fordham University.

Read more

About the Author

Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm collected and published Germanic and European folk and fairy tales during the early to mid 19th century. Some of the world’s most classic and beloved stories have been published by them, including “Rumplestiltskin,” “Snow White,” “Sleeping Beauty,” “Rapunzel,” “Cinderella,” “Hansel and Gretel,” and many more.

Read more

Product details

Hardcover: 652 pages

Publisher: Canterbury Classics; Lea edition (November 1, 2011)

Language: English

ISBN-10: 1607103133

ISBN-13: 978-1607103134

Product Dimensions:

6.2 x 1.6 x 9.2 inches

Shipping Weight: 2.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)

Average Customer Review:

4.6 out of 5 stars

1,924 customer reviews

Amazon Best Sellers Rank:

#2,891 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

All of the classic Grimm's Fairy Tales in one place. The book is absolutely beautiful, with a great cover and spine along with a nice silk bookmark included. I never realized how violent the old Grimm's Fairy Tales were until I read this book. I am about 1/4 of the way through it and most of the stories are 3-4 pages so they are quick reads.

This is a seriously beautiful book. As a huge book lover, just looking at it and paging through it makes me happy. As you can see from the pictures, it comes with gold dipped pages and a red ribbon book marker. My boyfriend commented that it looks just like a Bible.I attached some photos of the Contents, just in case anyone was wondering what specific stories are included (although I do believe it's supposed to be a complete set--but I don't know Grimm's stories well enough to confirm that).Hope my pics have helped! :)

I don't know if this is unique to the Kindle version, but this edition is truly a travesty.I bought it a while ago and have been reading the stories whenever I get some free time. From the start I had the feeling that these stories were a little "off". The brothers Grimm are known to be somewhat somber, I get that, but they also portray humor and subtle nuances in their writing. However, this English version reads as if it had been stripped of any wit before publication.A few days ago, I finally discovered the main problem: the translation is just awful. I really didn't want to believe it, I truly wanted to think this book was a faithful representation of the original stories, and it was just a case of me not "getting it". Then I read the story titled "Clever Hans" and it was such a bizarre experience, that I had to look up how come it ended the way it did. That's when I discovered this gem, which is illustrative of the problem that affects the whole book. If you go to Wikipedia and read the plot of "Clever Hans", you learn the premise of the tale, how it is supposed to be humorous and the ending should read something like:"And that's how Hans lost his bride."However, after reading this book's version of the tale, it read like a bad story, not humorous at all, and it ended with the line:"Then Grethel became angry, tore herself loose and ran away, and became the bride of Hans."Clearly, the translation went as far as to completely change the meaning of the punchline of the story. Now I know I have been reading a bad imitation of the Grimm brothers work all this time. Nothing left to do but to look for a better rendition of their work.

Amazon has merged reviews of multiple editions, here.This cloth hardcover volume is 8.1 x 10.1 INCHES, 320 PAGES, with 27 STORIES (versus the flexcover 5.4 x 7.7 INCHES, 192 PAGES, 14 STORIES The Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm that, at roughly 1/3rd the price and practically identical-looking in online images, people mistake for being the same!).It is as durable as it is displayable -- as complete as any "coffee table" book of Grimms' most popular classics could be, with page after page of brilliant illustrations by esteemed artists (whose biographies are provided). That's Taschen: its books are worth every (*pretty*) penny.I cannot speak to this translation versus other English ones (note: the cover is not in German as Amazon displays), but there is a Translator's Note at the end. An index, too. And at the beginning, an introduction to Grimms', for the uninitiated.Beautifully presented and told, it is an anthology for all ages to cherish.

It's a nice enough book, but I'm afraid I don't like the translation. The most glaring example is that, in the story of Rapunzel, all that is said to let Rapunzel's hair down is "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair." I remember as a child reading a second line "that I may climb the golden stair." I have confirmed on Google search that my memory is correct, which means this translation is deficient. I felt like other stories were very dry, sterile. I think this must be because all the stories have less than full translations.I would appreciate it if someone could recommend another version with better translations of the stories. Waiting and ready to order another.

The book came on time & looks exactly as shown. It has many tales I did t realize existed. I bought this to use while writing a report on the gruesome truth behind the tales we love. These are NOT books for children. As an adult I appreciate the original stories. However, there are still fairly watered down from the true original tales. As I was using this in my works cited I found I had to search for more sources seeing how this book wasn’t true originals.

A beautiful book especially for the price. I love that the intro includes some information on the brothers and short stories. There are 201 stories and 10 legends included in this book.The book itself has gold pages, red and gold highlights on the front, embossing and a red ribbon bookmark.Other book details-Introduction by: Ken Mondschein, PhDTranslation by: Margaret Hunt

Great book for all the fans of classic fairy tales, me included. The book is of course in Old English grammar, which is grand. And it is printed in the U.K. so you'll see a lot of 'single quotations' rather than "double quotations".The only con is the stories aren't the "original" version per se. The Frog Prince for example turned human again by sleeping in the princess's pillow, but the original version, the prince turns human again after the princess violently throws him against the wall. But I guess it's for the kids to read more so than adults. Still worth getting. I'm still pleased.

Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales PDF
Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales EPub
Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales Doc
Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales iBooks
Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales rtf
Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales Mobipocket
Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales Kindle

Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales PDF

Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales PDF

Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales PDF
Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales PDF

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar