Kamis, 16 Juli 2015

Free Download Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson

// // Leave a Comment

Free Download Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson

Depending on the requirements, this book additionally showcases the desire of many people to make modifications. The method is by locating the material and exactly how you understand it. One that need to be remembered is that this book is additionally created by a good author, great writer wit professionalism. So, Birding By Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), By Robert W. Lawson is much recommended for you, an individual that anticipates better means to living style.

Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson

Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson


Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson


Free Download Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson

After couple of time, finally guide that we and you wait for is coming. So eased to obtain this fantastic publication offered to offer in this website. This is guide, the DDD. If you still really feel so difficult to obtain the published book in guide store, you can accompany us once more. If you have actually ever before got guide in soft data from this publication, you can conveniently get it as the recommendation currently.

Reading a book is additionally kind of better remedy when you have no adequate money or time to get your personal journey. This is just one of the reasons we reveal the Birding By Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), By Robert W. Lawson as your close friend in investing the moment. For even more depictive collections, this book not only offers it's purposefully publication resource. It can be a buddy, great friend with much understanding.

This book will be always most desired due to the fact that the subject to increase is incredibly popular. Besides, it comes with the subject for every age and condition. All degrees of individuals are welcomed extremely well to read this book. The breakthrough of this book is that you might not should feel difficult to recognize what this publication offer. The lesson, understanding, experience, and also all points that may provide will need your life time to really feel much better.

In order to relieve you to obtain this book to read, we present the soft file forms, it will allow you always obtain guide. When the store or collection runs out the books, this site will certainly not run out of the book stocks. So, you will constantly discover, whenever you are below and going to get it. Just find this book title of Birding By Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), By Robert W. Lawson as in the looking box. It will assist you to ease locate the link that is supplied.

Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson

Review

"(Birding by Ear and More Birding by Ear) are the best tools yet for learning bird vocalizations." - Science Times

Read more

About the Author

Roger Tory Peterson, one of the world's greatest naturalists, received every major award for ornithology, natural science, and conservation as well as numerous honorary degrees, medals, and citations, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom. The Peterson Identification System has been called the greatest invention since binoculars.

Read more

See all Editorial Reviews

Product details

Audio CD

Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (April 4, 2002)

Language: English

ISBN-10: 9780618225903

ISBN-13: 978-0618225903

ASIN: 0618225900

Product Dimensions:

4.8 x 1 x 4.8 inches

Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)

Average Customer Review:

4.5 out of 5 stars

127 customer reviews

Amazon Best Sellers Rank:

#146,564 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

My wife has recently become more and more interested in birding. Me, not so much--but seeing as I married well above my station it seems prudent to keep her happy, so I bought her this. The expectation wss that she could listen to this CD during her commute and learn more about bird calls and acoustic identification. It worked. She's gone through the 3-disc set several times. What I didn't count on was that those CDs made an appearance in my life on several longer trips, and that--almost against my will--the damned thing would educate me as well. I can't sit on my damned patio without hearing the different calls, identifying those I know and speculating on those I can't recall. So, that's the review--I didn't even want to learn this crap, and I learned it just by happening to be there. Imagine what you or your loved ones can learn if you actually concentrate! And all joking aside, this is a great product--simple, straightforward, and well-organized. You won't go wrong if you buy it.

The content is good if you want a general learning tool but if you are birding and want to clarify or learn what you are hearing by season, not so. For example under category Warbling Songsters are four species two are the House Finch and Purple Finch with similar vocalizations. You cannot go into this section and just select one species. The tracts are not by species but by vocalization types. If I want a refresher on just the House Finch I have to listen through the entire "Warbling Songsters". Since House Finch and Purple Finch do not overlap in the summer here this wastes time. On the other hand three three of the four species in this category are here in the summer. This is useful but you might also want something where you can go directly and simply to one species at a time. If I wish to review songs and calls in my region by seasons by being able to click past inapplicable species this DVD is not optimized for that.If I want to compare the vocalizations of say the Common Nighthawk, Whip-Poor-Will, and Chuck-Will's Widow all three of which share similar habits and season I have to listen tnrough two separate vocalization categories each with other species which although possessing similar calls will not likely overlap with the three I am interested in.If younare interested in grouping of birds by like sounding voalizations this will work great for you. Thereis a breakdown of vocalizations by habitat but once again you have to listen in one large grouping and ca not go right to a species.This would be a more useful tool if species each had thier own tract.

This system provides a great way to learn songs. By the end of this CD, I was getting annoyed with the amount of repetition (they sometimes play "easy" songs 4 or more times in a row), and ended up ripping out the individual bird songs for more rapid training. When I started learning some new songs (not on this CD), I decided to dispense with the repetitive CD and just get the bird songs, but found the process MUCH harder. I realized that it is this guide does a FANTASTIC job of pointing out the "hooks" you can use to identify certain songs, and without that help, it's hard for me to learn the hooks by myself.Overall, I wish there was less repetition in the tracks (it isn't really needed because I could just listen to the whole track again), and I wish it covered more birds (there are many reasonably common species not covered, like bald eagle, bluebird, etc). I'm pretty sure there could be a "Volume 2" just on the Eastern birds, but overall, I highly recommend this for someone trying to learn some common songs.Of course this CD can't stand alone: it has only a limited number of songs for each bird, but there is seemingly infinite variation among the songs. You will have to supplement this with other sources if you really want to be able to identify songs in the field, but this CD is a great starting point.

I have really enjoyed this VERY helpful guide. It is great for helping you key in on the subtle differences between similar calls, and giving you tips identify and remember the calls. I agree with other reviewers that it won't make you an expert overnight. You need to listen to it multiple times. I listened to one disk in my car during my commute until I felt I had mastered it, then moved on to the next disk, and so on. Then went back and reviewed them all one more time or focus on the difficult ones. One great thing is that it makes you much more aware of the sounds around you when you are outside. The first evening, I heard a killdeer in the grocery parking lot. That was a bird call I already knew, but how many times have I not noticed bird calls around me like this? My only complaint is that each track has a big block of bird calls in it, and I couldn't jump forward or backward to focus in on one song or pair of songs where I needed more work. I had to listen to the whole group just to hear the one I needed to repeat -- which wasted a lot of time. Also there were tracks at the end to quiz you on your knowledge -- which is great -- but I just wish there had been some feedback afterward so you could know if you got any of them right.

Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson PDF
Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson EPub
Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson Doc
Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson iBooks
Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson rtf
Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson Mobipocket
Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson Kindle

Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson PDF

Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson PDF

Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson PDF
Birding by Ear: Eastern/Central (Peterson Field Guides), by Robert W. Lawson PDF

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar