Rabu, 22 Maret 2017

Ebook Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby

// // Leave a Comment

Ebook Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby

Having leisure time? Currently is your time to start your old hobby, analysis. Checking out should be a practice as well as leisure activity, not only as the commitment. The book that you could check out frequently is Scars & Stripes: The Culture Of Modern Roller Derby This is just what makes many people feel satisfied for finding out more and extra. When you feel that reading is a practice, you will certainly not really feel careless to do it. You will certainly not really feel also that it will certainly be so monotonous.

Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby

Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby


Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby


Ebook Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby

Do you believe that Scars & Stripes: The Culture Of Modern Roller Derby is an excellent publication? Yes, we think so, looking and knowing that the writer of this publication; we will certainly know that it is an excellent publication to check out every time. The author of this publication is incredibly popular in this topic. When someone needs the recommendation from the topic, they will certainly seek for the details and information from the books composed by this writer.

But, after locating this web site you may not be uncertainty and really feel tough any more. It seems that this internet site offers the very best collections of guide to check out. When you have an interest in such topic, Scars & Stripes: The Culture Of Modern Roller Derby can be a choice. Wow, love this book a lot. Do you really feel the exact same? Well, in fact, it's not going to be hard when anticipating this publication as the analysis material. After locating the fantastic web site as this online collection, we will certainly be so simple in finding lots of genres of books.

Related to why this Scars & Stripes: The Culture Of Modern Roller Derby is presented initially right here is that this referred book is the one that you are looking for, typically aren't you? Lots of are also very same with you. They also seek for this great book as one of the resources to read today. The referred publication in this type is going to offer the choice of expertise to acquire. It is not just the certain culture but also for the public. This is why, you should occur in gathering all lessons, and info regarding exactly what this book has actually been composed.

Based upon this condition, to assist you we will reveal you some means. You could handle to check out the book minimally before going to sleep or in your extra time. When you have the time in the short time or in the holiday, it can aid you to finish your vacations. This is what the Scars & Stripes: The Culture Of Modern Roller Derby will minimally give to you.

Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby

About the Author

Andréanna Seymore earned her BFA in Photography from SVA and has been working as a professional photographer since. She has been developing Scars & Stripes for five years, traveling extensively to capture the culture of this fast-growing phenomenon.

Read more

Product details

Hardcover: 176 pages

Publisher: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd.; 1 edition (October 28, 2014)

Language: English

ISBN-10: 076434689X

ISBN-13: 978-0764346897

Product Dimensions:

11.5 x 1 x 9 inches

Shipping Weight: 2.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)

Average Customer Review:

4.8 out of 5 stars

8 customer reviews

Amazon Best Sellers Rank:

#2,228,693 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

The extreme amount of photographic talent and passion for this sport is abundantly evident in this beautifully constructed book by Andréanna Seymore. The high quality of these pictures and the stories they tell, both with and without captions submitted by the gratefully photographed, speak to a narrative of a fringe sport that is among the most inclusive athletic pursuits ever organized.

Nice heavy stock paper, with glossy finish. Lots of pictures.

Pictures are amazing. My derby daughter loved receiving this book as a gift.

Love it, insightful portrait of the culture, beautiful photos.

What a great way to have captured roller derby for generations to come!

I've always had a fascination with roller derby. Maybe it's because it's a sport where girls are encouraged to be strong and bad ass. Maybe it's because I have a preference for fashion that involves fishnets and bright makeup. Or maybe it's got to do with my love of names that involve a sharp pun. Regardless, I've always been interested in derby culture. In fact, once my local team hosts "fresh meat" auditions, I have every intention of going and getting involved. When Scars and Stripes came onto my radar, I knew I needed it ASAP. I'm glad it lived up to my hopes.This book gives a great, uncommon insight into the derby world, glimpses that most "outsiders" don't get a chance to see. It includes behind the scenes stories and photographs of both male and female derby skaters. From icing bruises, to Jell-o wrestling, to national championship victories and drinks with the team, this gives an honest and heartfelt look at one of the most underrated (in my humble opinion) sports around today. I really loved hearing what all the skaters had to share. They have great memories and fierce loyalty and dedication. It was so cool to read about. I liked that a lot of ages, teams, genders, and stories were represented in this book, giving the book a well-rounded feel.And then of course there's the photography, which is absolutely phenomenal. The colors, the shots, the stories the photographer is able to tell with her pictures is amazing. They gave great insight and illustrated the skaters' stories well. It made this book the kind of book that I would come back and flip through over and over again. In addition to being a great story told about the life of roller derby skaters, it's also a work of art. I was blown away.If you're interested in roller derby, involved in it, or just want to look at some stunning photography, Stars and Stripes is the book for you. Thanks to Netgalley & Schiffer Publishing for my copy in exchange for my honest review.

I've thought for a number of years that I was made for Roller Derby. I have a slight ::cough:: temper and aggression problem, and for a complete non-athlete like me, this felt like the ideal sport.But quite naturally, I assumed I would kill myself or others just trying.This book both confirms that, and makes me think I could handle it. Don't ask me how it does both simultaneously. That's part of what makes it so special.The pictures on their own are phenomenal, and then you read the stories attached. I want to go to bouts featuring all of these ladies and gentlemen, and root loudly for each and every one of them. You see just how much of their all they put in, bruises and breaks included.My one complaint would be, I wish we saw more of the other side of their lives. We had one flight attendant, and one farmer's daughter, and that was it. The juxtaposition between lawyer and roller derby girl are so huge, I want to see it. It felt like a tease.I admit I was far more interested in seeing the girls than the guys. Hunky men in skates are fantastic, but I went into this wanting girl power. Reading about the New York Shock Exchange was fun, though, and the further we got in, you read about all the respect these guys have for the derby girls, and that meant a great deal to me.A fantastic book, truly. And maybe I need to find out where the derby girls play around here.

Got this book for my daughter. Probably not my best idea for a 12 year old but what are you gonna do? Her derby name is Scars and Stripes and it was a HUGE hit. Love the book. So many great pictures and stories.

Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby PDF
Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby EPub
Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby Doc
Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby iBooks
Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby rtf
Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby Mobipocket
Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby Kindle

Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby PDF

Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby PDF

Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby PDF
Scars & Stripes: The Culture of Modern Roller Derby PDF

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar