Jumat, 23 September 2011

PDF Download Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT

// // Leave a Comment

PDF Download Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT

The writer is truly wise to pick the words to use in making this book. The choices of words are extremely important to produce a publication. It will be proper to review by such particular societies. However among the developments of this publication is that this book is truly correct for every single culture. You may not hesitate to know nothing after reading this publication. Mindfulness For Anger Management: Transformative Skills For Overcoming Anger And Managing Powerful Emotions, By Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT can assist you to discover lots of things after analysis.

Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT

Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT


Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT


PDF Download Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT

How you can win the challenges that constantly force you to work rarely? Get the motivation, more experiences, even more methods, as well as much more expertise. And also where is the location to get it? Obviously, numerous places ready institutions as well as many things are good instructor for you. And book, as the home window to get open up the globe turns into one of the option that you should obtain. What sort of book? Naturally guide that will sustain pertaining to your requirement.

Feeling tired after doing some activities in holidays will certainly buy you to have relaxation for some moments. It will certainly additionally assist you to satisfy the cost time. When you could enjoy your time for relaxation as well as neglect the panorama around you, it is the best time to have likewise reviewing. Yeah, reviewing publication ends up being a really excellent suggestion to do now. But, do are you really feel strange not to bring certain book?

This is not only about the excellences that we will certainly offer. This is also regarding exactly what points that you could concern with to make far better concept. When you have different ideas with this book, this is your time to meet the impressions by reviewing all content of the book. Mindfulness For Anger Management: Transformative Skills For Overcoming Anger And Managing Powerful Emotions, By Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT is additionally one of the home windows to get to and also open the world. Reading this publication could help you to locate brand-new world that you may not locate it formerly.

This is what you could extract from this book. By soft documents forms, you can be readily available to review it in the gadget when you remain in your means home in vehicle or bus or even train. It is your time additionally to review it when you are remaining in a waiting list. As well as how you could review Mindfulness For Anger Management: Transformative Skills For Overcoming Anger And Managing Powerful Emotions, By Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT in your home can utilize the moment before resting and working.

Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT

Review

“Focused and with clarity, Stephen Dansiger makes the case for how mindfulness practice can provide us with sharpened insight and the tools to help us see our anger as the complex emotion that it is. Instead of being defined by anger and thrown into consequential actions, or fruitlessly trying to repress it, we can learn to manage anger in healthy ways. We develop the ability to respond to anger instead of reacting to it. This is a very good and helpful book.”―Sharon Salzberg, author of Lovingkindness and Real Happiness "Is your mind on fire all of the time? Are you burning down all your relationships with anger? This book will help you get that fire contained through mindfulness. At the very least, you’ll learn how, when, and where to spark up your brain appropriately."―Marc Maron, Comic, Actor, Writer and Host of the WTF Podcast "Anger, like addiction, is often misunderstood and stigmatized. Anger can cause a lot of damage, but it's an important emotion that all humans experience. Dr. Dansiger is a master at explaining why anger should not be ignored and how we can use mindfulness skills and other tools to channel anger into healthy, self-affirming action."―Anna David, NY Times bestselling author of Party Girl “Mindfulness for Anger Management is for everyone seeking to work with this vital and often misunderstood emotion. Highly readable and infused with practical approaches to mindfulness. This book does not disappoint!”―Jamie Marich, Ph.D., LPCC-S, REAT, RYT-200, co-author of EMDR Therapy & Mindfulness for Trauma Focused Care, author of EMDR Made Simple, Trauma and the Twelve Steps, Trauma Made Simple, and Dancing Mindfulness

Read more

About the Author

Dr. STEPHEN DANSIGER is a clinician, writer, and meditation teacher. He has taught mindfulness-based anger management for over 25 years as a trainer, educator, and therapist, working in diverse environments spanning pre-K through universities, corporations, government agencies, and mental health agencies. Besides maintaining a private therapy practice in Los Angeles, he travels internationally, speaking and teaching on mindfulness, anger management, trauma, Buddhist approaches to treating addictions, and clinician and caregiver self-care.

Read more

Product details

Paperback: 160 pages

Publisher: Althea Press (November 6, 2018)

Language: English

ISBN-10: 1641521678

ISBN-13: 978-1641521673

Product Dimensions:

6 x 0.5 x 9 inches

Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)

Average Customer Review:

4.4 out of 5 stars

12 customer reviews

Amazon Best Sellers Rank:

#41,716 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

This book is helping me learn a lot. When I'm upset I go to this book.

Full disclosure, I was sent an advanced reader copy of this book in return for a review. That said, I agreed, because I felt like it might save my life. I find these times infuriating in a way I haven't had to feel since I was an adolescent. That, plus parenting, and marriage, is all a bit much. I've found myself owned by my anger too many times at home, and once in a blind rage...as I suddenly realized I was looking at the frightened man who had just rear ended the car I was driving with my daughter and her friend inside because I must have left them in the car on the road, gotten out, and ripped his car door open to scream at him.Perhaps because these times remind me of my adolescent anger so much, the beginning and ending reference to "Anger is an energy" from a Public Image Limited song I listened to a lot in high school was a particularly welcoming way into this book. There were so many helpful quotes throughout. I think this one was super helpful for me, "fear is guarding against the loss of something, and anger kicks in to attempt to assure that loss does not occur, whether it's loss of safety, respect, material things, state of being, or a belief." I had many, many thoughts as I went through the various sections on understanding anger's roots, for instance "trust busting" by care givers. Following these by interesting visualization exercises and worksheets really appealed to me. I could feel anger and its dissipation rising and falling as I read. And the book even checked in with that repeatedly. Where is your anger now 1-10? I also appreciated the space given to the positive uses of anger as an energy regarding social justice.Understanding my anger, then going through steps in this book to acknowledge and manage it when it arrives at the door so that it can feel seen and recognized, without having to suck up all the space and air in the room at the expense of everyone to feel heard is really useful. The book revisits steps and check ins in a useful way - so you are less likely to blow off those maintenance steps in your practice. It also offers further reading, video resources, and an attitude of finding what of the many ways to deal with anger work for you personally. While this book is well backed up by the author's years of professional experience, and other resources, the parts that really sung to me were the less academic ones that used real life examples of things one might feel upset about or very personable descriptions of situations. I am not a Buddhist, and I general lose patience with self help type books, and this one really worked for me because it allowed me to pull in things I know about self care and mood regulation from all different areas of my life and let them work together with some specific action tips. And it let me know that all of that, and the anger, well...it was okay, and reminded me it too will pass.I took one star off because the author was super straightforward about issues of addiction and recovery and undealt with past issues, and how hard marriage is...but I wish he had addressed PMS and menopause. While the anger experienced in these times can of course be managed like any anger, I feel the speed of onset is a different situation and acknowledgement of these things and occasional biological things that can be addressed to deal with them should be mentioned. Women's anger is so taboo in our culture and I felt not mentioning these challenges added to that a bit. I wondered, but wasn't sure if I thought it should possibly touch on abuse a bit more directly (either experienced and paying forward with it or if you were causing it). And additionally (this is likely on the publisher's end, and could be different in other electronic formats?) I read an electronic copy of the book and felt that it should be programmed such that worksheets could more easily be printed out one at a time or in a group. But overall, this is a very accessible, indeed potentially lifesaving, and not too long (who wants long when you are looking for self soothing NOW?!) stellar addition to the canon of anger management - a balm in a very wounded feeling time. Thanks, Dr. Steve. May the road rise with you.

I was born into a family of very angry people who were not able to control their rage, and I was a lot like them. In my twenties I woke up and realized that I needed to live differently. It took a long time and a lot of effort, but I have become more peaceable. Meditation, mindfulness, yoga, and psychotherapy helped me along the way, and now I can help others too. Dr. Dansiger's book lays out simple and effective practices to help you learn to control your anger, and maybe even become less angry.

I have experience with many of the techniques for managing emotions in this book, but I am still calmed, inspired and renewed by reading it. It is organized well, written succinctly and in very human, funny, unpretentious language. Science, Buddhist wisdom, 12 step recovery and common sense combine for a beautiful stone cast upon the angry waters of today.

In this book, Stephen Dansiger hits the sweet spot where mindfulness, stress management and anger management intersect--you can start working on your anger right away thanks to his accessible writing style and wealth of information & interactive explorations. Stephen has done a fantastic job introducing the concepts of mindfulness as they relate to something we all face from time to time: how to deal with our negative emotions. Having run Anger Management groups for years now, I was inspired by Stephen's decision to weave his own personal experiences amidst his quick tips and deeper dives into managing anger.

If I hadn’t read this book on-line, I would have probably underlined and starred every other page. Dr. Dansiger offers up an Anger Assessment Questionnaire pretty early on in the book, and I scored much higher than I would have guessed. This caught me off guard at first (I have more repressed anger than outward), but the good news is - if you continue reading - there really are ample solutions. Psychological topics are not generally easy for me to understand and I appreciate that the author has broken it down into manageable chapters (I especially like the “Emergency Tips” that are sprinkled throughout the chapters).The author clearly has studied the subject, but what sets this apart is the personal experience. I appreciate scholars, but even more, I appreciate scholars who have lived life and are practicing what they preach. There are many exercises throughout the book that are simple and helpful. Most importantly, by understanding anger a little bit better, I am less afraid of it - and that gives me hope. This book gives me hope.Anger Management has a nice balance of explanation, tools, and healing. I’m going to order a hard copy so I can underline and star to my hearts content.

This will be the go-to book for people with anger issues, and for those friends and family living with an angry person. Dansiger’s comfortable, conversational style puts the reader at ease: the diagnostic quizzes and quick tips give immediate help. For the long term, therapists often say “you have to do the work.” Dansiger has provided us with the perfect “work book” for anger management. Insightful, focused, and wise, Dansiger gives the reader a strong, measured approach to calm the savage beast.Victoria Ehrhardt, PhD

Getting willing to work with anger can be intimidating. This book can help. It normalizes our emotion of anger, while giving clear suggestions of things we can do to be more in the flow of life rather that just reacting to everything with anger. It's written in a workbook format, and the writing is clear and easy to understand. I'd recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn to better deal with their anger and stress.

Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT PDF
Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT EPub
Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT Doc
Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT iBooks
Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT rtf
Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT Mobipocket
Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT Kindle

Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT PDF

Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT PDF

Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT PDF
Mindfulness for Anger Management: Transformative Skills for Overcoming Anger and Managing Powerful Emotions, by Stephen Dansiger PsyD MFT PDF

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar